Thursday, August 13, 2009

"It was all fake" - Madoff's Frank DiPascali Jr.'s Begins Talking...

Frank DiPascali Jr., Bernard Madoff’s former “chief lieutenant” and chief financial officer formally entered his guilty plea yesterday. Mr. DiPascali pled guilty to 10 felony counts of conspiracy, fraud, money laundering and perjury. DiPascali was hired by Madoff straight from Archbishop Molloy High School. He went onto work for Madoff for 33 years. Some notable quotes from Mr. DiPascali’s appearance include:


-"I ended up being loyal to a terrible, terrible fault."

-"I apologize to every victim of this catastrophe, and to my family and to the government. I'm very, very sorry."

-“It was all fake”

-“It was all fictitious. I knew no trades were happening.”

-“I knew I was participating in a fraudulent scheme, I knew everything I did was wrong, and it was criminal, and I did it knowingly and willfully. I accept complete responsibility."

Despite these statements and both the prosecution and defense arguing for bail, U.S. District Judge Richard Sullivan denied his $2.5 million bail.

In making this decision the Judge Sullivan cited a presumption that a convict should be denied bail in the absence of "clear and convincing" evidence that he isn't a flight risk.

Here is a video discussing Mr. DiPascali's appearance:


With Mr. DiPascali remaining behind bars perhaps it will continue his continued cooperation and the additional parties who participated in the Madoff fraud he is expected to name.

Click here to discuss this post.

Permalink.

No comments:

Post a Comment